Thursday, April 3, 2008

Save the TaTas!!!

August 30, 1999, my beloved Granny lost a 10 year battle to breast cancer. I think about her all the time and how much I miss her. Cancer is such a scary disease. My uncle Wynn passed away Dec 21, 2007 to cancer as well. A dear friend of mine from back home was diagnosed with breast cancer at 31 years of age. She's fought hard and finished chemo this past summer. I just found out through a friend on Myspace that they have detected cancer in her liver. She is 33 now and has little girl about Julian's age. I just got off the phone with my Dad and found out that my Aunt Jodi just had a biopsy done on a lump in her breast that was found to be cancerous. They caught it early and she should be fine. She may have to have some radiation treatment done on it. This is so scary for me. My Granny, Uncle Wynn, and Aunt Jodi are all my dad's family. It scares because it's running so heavy in my family. My father-in-law is in remission from prostate cancer, but is in a nursing home with Alzheimer's. Please keep my family in prayer as well as Amanda, my friend from back home and her family. I pray that God keeps us all strong through this scary battle.


1 comment:

carla said...

Just found your blog, linked from Christian Crafter. Our son was posted at Fort Drum until he was discharged in May, 2009. My husband and I made several trips to Watertown to visit him and his family. We always enjoyed our trips, but we couldn't believe how beautiful New York was in July 2008, so green and lush. We live in Texas and by mid-summer things are beginning to get kind of dry from the intense heat. Anyway, God bless you and your family. I've bookmarked your site and will check in regularly.