Saturday, March 15, 2008

Life up until now

feet

Well, Life up until now. The short version. I'll be giving the short version because my goal is to keep up at this and more detailed hints of my life will be revealed through time. I'm a 27 y/o SAHM.....newly stay at home as my last day of work was yesterday. YAY! I have been married for a little over 5 years to Alfred, the man of my dreams, and we have two small boys, Julian and Alex. I grew up in Florida basking in the warmth and sunshine. When I was 20, I left Florida for the Army and my life changed forever. I went to Germany and met the amazing man I call my husband. We spent a year falling in love and got married in 2002 on the beach in my home town. We got pregnant right away and then he got deployed. He left for Iraq when I was four months pregnant and came home when Julian was 9 weeks old. He missed everything. During the time I was pregnant, I left the Army and went back to Florida to be with my family. When Alfred came home we were off to Missouri. It was a blessing in disguise. "Fort Lost in the Woods" is what they called it, but Alfred was always home, he never deployed and we got to spend the next 2 1/2 years together as a family. In July 2005, we found out we were pregnant. We were ecstatic. In October, Alfred was sent away to school for 4 months. While he was away, we were anticipating a PCS to Hawaii, but the Army changed it's mind and redirected us to Fort Drum, New York, Home of the 10th Mountain Division. With that, we knew he would deploy again soon after our arrival. We arrived in March 2006 and Alexander came into the world just 5 short weeks later. It's stressful doing a partial DITY move being so close to giving birth and not knowing if you'll even have a house to bring your new baby home to. Alfred left for Iraq 4 months later for what was supposed to be a 12 month deployment. He was extended 3 months and came home safe to us on Halloween 2007. Life again will soon be changing. Alfred left for recruiting school 2 weeks ago and will graduate mid-April. Soon after his return, we'll be PCSing once again, but this time. We won't know for a few weeks exactly where we'll be going. Exciting!
I decided to start this Blog so that I can document my life as of now. I've experienced so many different things in life, been a lot of different places. I'm in a new season of life now. One where my family and God are #1. I've got so many hopes and aspirations for all that is to come in our lives right now and I want to cherish it and reflect on it.

No comments: